What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

How to display multiples row from one column in PRTG warning from SQL script

Votes:

Hello,

I have a Oracle Sensor which execute a script, that script is doing a select in a table. The select has 3 columns : ERR_DATE, ERR_TYPE and ERR_MESSAGE.

I am searching to display all the rows in ERR_Message, but I can only display the first one. In my case, I have 2 rows.

My PRTG sens paramter is : - Process Data table - Select Channel Value by : Columnn Name - Sensor Message Column Name : ERR_MESSAGE - Sensor Message : {0}

So my question is if it is possible do display row 1 and 2, in PRTG message ? For example, in my case it only displays :

1 # (Errors Count) is above the warning limit of 0 # in Errors Count (WARNING : TABLESPACE DWH_DATA 53% used)

But my sql script has 2 results in ERR_MESSAGE : - WARNING : TABLESPACE DWH_DATA 53% used - WARNING : BACKUP INC0 KO : Retard 0 jours | BACKUP INC1 OK | BACKUP ARCH OK

So I would live to have :

1 # (Errors Count) is above the warning limit of 0 # in Errors Count (WARNING : TABLESPACE DWH_DATA 53% used,- WARNING : BACKUP INC0 KO : Retard 0 jours | BACKUP INC1 OK | BACKUP ARCH OK)

error-messages message message-body messages oracle-sql-sensor sql sql-queries

Created on Dec 10, 2020 10:01:08 AM

1 Reply

Votes:

Hello,

only one cell can be used for the sensor message. Please change the SQL statement so that you combine the content of the three cells into a new one with SQL.

Created on Dec 14, 2020 4:36:01 PM by  Arne Seifert [Paessler Support]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.