What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

VMware Data Store sensor not cleared

Votes:

Hello,

We have PRTG on out environment, I'm tring to monitor VMware DataStore and the channels is not perfectly clear to me.

There is a channel called "Accessible" does it mean accessible to the ESXi? because even if I disconnect the data store from the VMware ESXi it do not alert that it dont accessible...

I tried add the sensor to VMware VCenter and to ESXi, them both does not alert when im disconnect data store on porpse

prtg sensors vmware

Created on Dec 10, 2020 12:05:29 PM

1 Reply

Votes:

Hello,

Thank you for your message.

The accessibility channel is based on the value returned by the "DatastoreSummary" object whose documentation is right here.

Kind regards.

Created on Dec 15, 2020 3:28:53 PM by  Florian Lesage [Paessler Support]

Last change on Dec 15, 2020 3:31:33 PM by  Florian Lesage [Paessler Support]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.