What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

New Veeam Sensor Authentication Issue

Votes:

Hi, i'm using PRTG Network Monitor 20.4.64.1402 x64 on a Windows 2012 R2 Server. BackupServer is Win2012R2 with Veeam B&R 9.5 Update 4 and Veeam Backup Enterprise Manager 9.5.4.2615.

I can login with my credentials (localdomain\Administrator) to the Enterprise Manager Dashboard. Role of that user is "Portal Administrator".

Using this credentials in the settings of the parent device, the sensor comes up with "The sensor could not authenticate with the Veeam Backup Enterprise Manager. Please check your credentials in the device settings."

Port is set to 9398, the RestfulApi of the Enterprise Manager is listening on that port.

Any suggestions?

Regards, Mark

authentication sensor veeam

Created on Dec 11, 2020 9:53:06 AM

5 Replies

Votes:

Hi Mark,

Thank you for the the post. We made the experience that you need the "Enterprise Plus" License for this Sensor. Please check whether you have this license.

Created on Dec 14, 2020 9:23:49 AM by  Moritz Heller [Paessler Support]

Votes:

Why is that? I'm running the Enterprise License. If I understood correctly the sensor works with die Enterprise Manager, which is supported in the Enterprise License.

Created on Dec 15, 2020 1:10:39 PM

Votes:

Hi Mark,

Thank you for the update.

This is due to the license structure of Veeam. The Sensor queries the REST API of Veeam which is only available with the Plus license: https://forums.veeam.com/restful-api-f30/license-requirements-for-restful-api-t29923.html

Created on Dec 18, 2020 10:45:44 AM by  Moritz Heller [Paessler Support]

Votes:

Hi Moritz, Maybe you should notify it on the sensor manual page, because I had the same issue as Mark. https://www.paessler.com/manuals/prtg/veeam_backup_job_status_sensor Regards

Created on Jan 20, 2021 9:36:21 AM

Votes:

Hi there,

we already have this in the process and the remark will be released with the new PRTG version.

Thank you in advance!

Created on Jan 21, 2021 8:05:42 AM by  Moritz Heller [Paessler Support]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.