What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

Netflow Graphs time possibly incorrect

Votes:

Hello

Slightly odd question, i've created some netflow sensors to recieve data from our PFsense routers, the sensors work fine, except the timestamps for the data is 1 hour behind, i.e the graphs show the live data, but chart's x axis for time is 1 hour behind, we are on GMT time, all our other sensor graphs show the correct time, the timezone are our PRTG server and on our routers are all the same

Is there something i'm not fundimentally understanding with netflow, is the data supposed to arrive 1 hour late? is this to do with active flow timeout setting? it's currently set at 60 minutes, does this mean it send netflow data with a 1 hour delay, as opposed to seeing the data in real time?

ipfix netflow prtg

Created on Dec 16, 2020 3:16:11 PM

1 Reply

Votes:

Hello,

Thank you for your KB-post.

Exactly, this is related to active flow timeout settings. For more information, please have a look at the following article: https://kb.paessler.com/en/topic/66485-what-is-the-active-flow-timeout-in-flow-sensors

Created on Dec 17, 2020 1:24:17 PM by  Isidora Jeremic [Paessler Support]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.