What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

Monthly bandwidth limit notification via interface SNMP monitor

Votes:

Hi there,

1. I am aware of the reporting facility that can send daily or monthly reports. 2. I am aware of the threshold notification trigger that can alert of real time usage

What I am after is something that can warm me when a client goes over their bandwidth quota limit. It's basically a combination of the two functionalities described.

E.g.

Client has been allocated 2GB traffic per month on a satellite service. Client goes over 2GB within the month and we get alerted.

Can this be done with PRTG, and if so, how?

prtg quota snmp

Created on Dec 17, 2020 4:17:30 AM

1 Reply

Votes:

Hello,

in order to do this, please add a volume trigger to those sensors (or devices, as triggers are by default inherited to their child object) which counts volume for a month.

Created on Dec 21, 2020 12:49:22 PM by  Arne Seifert [Paessler Support]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.