What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

Password of prtgadmin reset to Default on slave node

Votes:

After every update, the password for the prtgadmin user is reset to default on the slave node in our cluster. We reset it everytime on the slave (reseting it on the master does not change it on the slave). Is there any way to fix this issue?

default-password failovercluster prtg-update prtgadmin slave

Created on Dec 22, 2020 8:53:36 AM

3 Replies

Accepted Answer

Votes:

Hey Florian,

this issue is related to a known bug on which we're already working on. Please keep an eye on our release notes, where we will of course announce a fix for this issue as soon as it's released.

Best,
Sven Roggenhofer [Paessler Technical Support]

Created on Dec 22, 2020 12:01:49 PM by  Sven Roggenhofer [Paessler Technical Support]

Last change on Dec 22, 2020 12:02:00 PM by  Sven Roggenhofer [Paessler Technical Support]

Votes:

Looking for an update on this. I've had this issue for a couple years at least. I had inquired about it once, and was just told that it was normal and to change it. Do we have any new info on when this fix may be released?

Created on Apr 14, 2021 1:48:57 PM

Votes:

Hey,

no update yet, I'm afraid. Case is still open.

Best,
Sven Roggenhofer [Paessler Technical Support]

Created on Apr 15, 2021 4:43:38 AM by  Sven Roggenhofer [Paessler Technical Support]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.