What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

Recipient address rejected: User unknown in local recipient table

Votes:

not sure where i saw this under prtg, can i verify the smtp/email settings? {{{ Error while trying to send Email Status: open Assigned to: PRTG System Administrator Related Object: System Type: ToDo (SMTP Configuration) ID: #792 Edit Assign Resolve Close Last Update Reopened by PRTG System Administrator 12/21/2020 9:15:15 AM Error sending "Email": : Recipient address rejected: User unknown in local recipient table

Please check the instructions at the bottom of this ticket Ticket History Resolved by PRTG System Administrator 12/20/2020 1:50:04 PM Email delivery successful Reopened by PRTG System Administrator 12/20/2020 12:01:17 PM Error sending "Email": : Recipient address rejected: User unknown in local recipient table

Please check the instructions at the bottom of this ticket Resolved by PRTG System Administrator 12/19/2020 7:02:23 PM Email delivery successful Reopened by PRTG System Administrator 12/19/2020 12:01:04 PM Error sending "Email": : Recipient address rejected: User unknown in local recipient table}}}

smtp system-administration system-health

Created on Dec 22, 2020 2:34:14 PM

Last change on Dec 23, 2020 7:14:17 AM by  Stephan Linke [Paessler Support]

3 Replies

Votes:

Hello,

with the error message "Recipient address rejected: User unknown in local recipient table", the Mailserver is telling you that you used a non existing target email-address. Please verify the email-addresses in your "User Accounts" and "Notification Templates".

Kind regards, Matthias Kupfer - Team Tech Support

Created on Dec 23, 2020 2:58:43 PM by  Matthias Kupfer [Paessler Support]

Votes:

I have about 70 notification templates how do i have the bad smtp address?

Created on Apr 6, 2021 5:16:01 PM

Votes:

Hi there,

you can find the failing notification the following way:

1. Open the tab "Logs > System Events > Notification Related"
  2. Look for the failing Notification in the list
  3. Click on the notification template in the column "Object"

This will open the settings of notification template with the faulty email, so that you can correct it.

Kind regards,
Matthias Kupfer - Team Tech Support

Created on Apr 9, 2021 3:17:03 PM by  Matthias Kupfer [Paessler Support]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.