What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

Will Acknowledge be disabled when other chanel has an error ?

Votes:

Hello, When I Acknowledge an alarm triggered by a channel in error, will the a new alarm be triggered if another channel in the same sensor has an error ? Or will the Acknowledged be "disabled" ? For eg : I have a server with the ILO sensor for HP, with a disk in error. I Acknowledge the alarm for 3 days, the time needed to receive a new disk and install it. I would need to be certain that if another channel fails I will be informed (another disk, a power supply, etc.). (I searched for this info in docs and forums, but did not found it, sorry it it is a duplicate)

acknowledge alarm channel

Created on Dec 31, 2020 10:37:05 AM

4 Replies

Accepted Answer

Votes:

Hi there,

If you acknowledge an error and then a second channel also goes into the error state, the error message of the Sensor is updated but not the status. As a result, the Sensor is still acknowledged.

Created on Dec 31, 2020 2:24:35 PM by  Moritz Heller [Paessler Support]

Votes:

Hello, Thanks for your reply. So for the big sensors with many channels, like the one monitoring HPE server, it is risky to acknowledge an error : I might miss a new error that could be critical. It that correct ? Do you have some advices, best practices? Best regards, NH.

Created on Jan 4, 2021 8:05:18 AM

Votes:

Hello there,

If you use a state trigger, you will only get informed once when the sensor state changes to down. If the errors within the sensor changes, you won't get informed about that, since the state does not change.

Kind regards,
Birk Guttmann, Tech Support Team

Created on Jan 5, 2021 3:17:19 PM by  Birk Guttmann [Paessler Support]

Votes:

Thanks

Created on Jan 6, 2021 7:49:28 AM

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.