What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

CISCO RV130 SNMP ISSUES

Votes:

Hello!

Im tryng to add SNMP sensor to Cisco Router RV130, but the SNMP options are the same even if 1 interface is connected or 3, or 4 is always the same. Besides the traffic that is going throug is too low. In this case i just have 1 interface connected and SNMP is telling me that i have 4 interfaces.

Image description

Anyone has the same trouble? I though that PRTG was compatible with all cisco devices, am i doing something wrong?, i hope that you can help me guys, because i need to monitor WAN Interface.

Greetings!

cisco prtg router rv130 snmp

Created on Jan 4, 2021 6:24:10 PM

3 Replies

Votes:

Hi,

please note that only the "eth" interfaces are physical interfaces. The other interfaces are "virtual" interfaces. Depending on the configuration of your device, you have to choose the right interface you want to monitor. For example, if eth0 is your WAN interface, just select this interface.

Kind regards, Matthias Kupfer - Team Tech Support

Created on Jan 5, 2021 10:41:34 AM by  Matthias Kupfer [Paessler Support]

Votes:

Hi Matthias thanks for your reply,

That is correct, but in this case i just have one physically one port plugged, and SNMP show me two ports plugged. Anyway if i plugg 3 interfaces physically , the information that SNMP show me is the same, i mean there are no changes, no matter if are 3 interfaces, 2 interfaces or 1 interface plugged. For example i have CISCO ASA5515 device on PRTG, in that device i dont have that problem.

Created on Jan 5, 2021 3:33:39 PM

Votes:

Hi,

I suspect that the device reports wrong states for the interface. PRTG has to rely on the data sent by the device, and as you can see for the ASA device, it reflects the correct state. Please check if you are running the latest firmware for the router or reach out to Cisco support to verify if this is a known bug for this device.

Kind regards,
Matthias Kupfer - Team Tech Support

Created on Jan 6, 2021 8:28:11 AM by  Matthias Kupfer [Paessler Support]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.