What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

Error with SNMP OID Values

Votes:

Experts,

I want to get the "Interface throughput in Mbps" values by using snmp oid values to our prtg server from netscaler appliances.

When I used the value below, it gave me "#N SNMP_EXCEPTION_NOSUCHINSTANCE223" error.

"""ifThroughput

OID: 1.3.6.1.4.1.5951.4.1.1.54.1.48 Interface throughput in Mbps""""

I believe I need to add some interface indexes after the OID value, but I'm not sure how to check the indexes that is specific for the interfaces.

For example in Cisco, we use command below to check the interface index;

"""show snmp mib ifmib ifindex""""

Do you think that is the case, or am I missing something else ? Could you help me?

Thanks şn advance, you are awesome !

I'm using these OID below with no problem;

Sensor Names OID Values

CPU Usage 1.3.6.1.4.1.5951.4.1.1.41.1.0

Memory Usage 1.3.6.1.4.1.5951.4.1.1.41.2.0

Current TCP Client Connections 1.3.6.1.4.1.5951.4.1.1.46.2.0

Relevant Page;

https://developer-docs.citrix.com/projects/citrix-adc-snmp-oid-reference/en/latest/

custom-sensor oid prtg snmp

Created on Jan 10, 2021 7:12:20 AM

1 Reply

Votes:

Hi there,

Please note that 1.3.6.1.4.1.5951.4.1.1.54.1.48 is only the first part of the SNMP OID. If you don't use the SNMP Table Sensor, you will need the SNMP OID + index number. You can compere this to an address (Street name + house number):

1.3.6.1.4.1.5951.4.1.1.54.1.48 is the street name
.INDEXNUMBER is the house number

You need the index number when you use a SNMP Custom or SNMP Custom Advanced Sensor. You can get the index number by query the table via the SNMP Tester.

Created on Jan 11, 2021 1:03:02 PM by  Moritz Heller [Paessler Support]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.