What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

Import only devices/sensors data

Votes:

Hi, We would like to migrate our PRTG installation to a new server. I already imported once the "PRTG Configuration.dat" some month ago and it generated lots of alerts because we have some rules to adapt on firewalls, ACL, etc... to be able to poll the devices so I disabled notification delivery. Today I have to continue this migration process but I would like to know if it's possible to import only the devices and sensors data without entire configuration otherwise notification delivery will be enabled again and I will face the same issue. Or is is possible to import the last backup of "PRTG Configuation.dat" and disabled notification delivery before starting the service? Which process do you recommend? Thanks Michaël

device prtg sensors

Created on Jan 12, 2021 8:36:10 PM

1 Reply

Votes:

Hey there,

Thank you very much for your contact.

I would like to know if it's possible to import only the devices and sensors data without entire configuration

Please note that a partial migration is not possible. To avoid your new Core Server from sending many email, I'd suggest to do the following.

• On the new Core Server open the PRTG Administration Tool and navigate to to the Service Start/Stop tab.
  • Start only the PRTG Core Server Service and let the PRTG Probe Service stopped
  • Open the PRTG web interface and navigate to Setup | Account Settings | Notification Templates.
  • Select all notification templates via the check box and Pause all of them

Afterwards, you can finalize the migration without having to worry that your new server sends out notifications.
Further information on the migration itself can be found here:
How can I move or migrate my PRTG installation to a different system or server?

Best,
Sebastian

Created on Jan 13, 2021 5:31:10 AM by  Sebastian Kniege [Paessler Support]

Last change on Mar 10, 2022 1:28:17 PM by  Frank Hadasch [Paessler Support] (0) 1

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.