What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

Accessing PRTG API Logs

Votes:

I'm tyring to connect to PRTG from ServiceNow using their built in connector. The inital call to pull data works fine but subsequent runs do not seem to be pulling any events via the PRTG API.

Is there a way I can see the request/response to/from the PRTG API within the logs? if so where are these stored?

api prtg servicenow

Created on Jan 13, 2021 8:50:01 AM

3 Replies

Votes:

Hello,

Thank you for your message.

The requests executed on the web server of PRTG are logged in the webserber.log file located under "C:\ProgramData\Paessler\PRTG Network Monitor\Logs\webserver". Here is a KB article regarding where PRTG stores its data: https://kb.paessler.com/en/topic/463-how-and-where-does-prtg-store-its-data

Regards.

Created on Jan 14, 2021 10:37:39 AM by  Florian Lesage [Paessler Support]

Votes:

Thanks - i can see from these logs that I can see the calls to the Webserver which is useful.

Is there a way to log the response sent to an API call?

Created on Jan 14, 2021 1:22:04 PM

Votes:

Regarding you question, I'm afraid that only incoming calls are logged and therefore it's not possible to have the response sent by PRTG.

Regards.

Created on Jan 14, 2021 1:31:55 PM by  Florian Lesage [Paessler Support]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.