What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

SNMP error # 223

Votes:

when i adding sensor Cisco IP SLA in my prtg ... PRTG Network Monitor 20.4.64.1402 x64 i got this message Sorry, the scan for available monitoring items has failed! Could not create the Cisco IP SLA sensor on device No such instance (SNMP error # 223)

and i am all ready added IP SLA sensor before 1 week and now i can't add IP SLA sensor please can you tell me what is this problem and how can i fix it?

cisco prtg snmp

Created on Jan 13, 2021 10:08:27 AM

1 Reply

Votes:

Hello,

Thank you for your post.

Please run our SNMP Tester on the probe host that should run the sensor, and check if the target device provides any valid results. You can select the option "Scan Interfaces" in the tester to get the results.

Kind regards,
Sasa Ignjatovic, Tech Support Team

Created on Jan 18, 2021 10:53:37 AM by  Sasa Ignjatovic [Paessler Support]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.