What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

Copy zoom.status.template

Votes:

I attempted to copy the zoom template for similar products that use the same status page API, which half works.

This is my code, file name mitel.status.template:

{
  "prtg": {	

"description" : {
      "device": "status.mitel.io",
      "query": "/api/v2/components.json",
      "comment": "Documentation is at https://status.mitel.io/api/v2"
    },
    "result": [
      {
        "Value":{ "["+ #1 +"]" + " Status": $.components..({ @.name : lookup(@.status, "operational") }).*},
		"ValueLookup": "mitel.status"
      }
		  ]
  }
}

This does label the channels, however it does not get the channel value. Instead it just returns "0 (configured lookup mitel.status is empty or not available)". I assumed this would work exactly the same as the Zoom template, but it looks like there might be some additional coding within PRTG that allows Zoom to work?

custom-sensor exexml rest

Created on Jan 14, 2021 4:24:31 PM

1 Reply

Votes:

Hello,

Thank you for your message.

The result provided by the API contains components with the same name such as Billing, Authentication, Carrier, for each service called "CloudLink Services ()". PRTG can only create an unique channel for each of them.

Services

I'm afraid that the REST Custom sensor can't be used in that case (if you want to monitor the components of each CloudLink Services() ). However, you have the possibility to use a custom script with the EXE/Script Advanced sensor. Here is the documentation regarding custom sensors: https://www.paessler.com/manuals/prtg/custom_sensors#advanced_sensors.

Regards.

Created on Jan 18, 2021 9:24:15 AM by  Florian Lesage [Paessler Support]

Last change on Jan 18, 2021 9:26:38 AM by  Florian Lesage [Paessler Support]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.