What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

Device name and IPv4 address reverting when editing am object

Votes:

I have tried to search but didn't see any reference to this. When I try to edit an existing object, the device name and IPv4 Address fields show correct for about 1 second then revert to Root and an odd IP address. It's like the browser is trying to auto-populate these fields. I have tried Chrome/Edge/Firefox and all do the same thing. Its not a show stopper but really annoying. Sorry I promise I did search first.

default prtg settings web-interface

Created on Jan 15, 2021 3:17:51 PM

7 Replies

Votes:

Hi there,

I'm not sure about this issue here. Maybe you can provide some screenshots or a short video, so we can get a better picture here.

I also think that it would be easier if we handle this in a support case. Feel free to open one.

Kind regards,
Birk Guttmann, Tech Support Team

Created on Jan 20, 2021 4:23:11 PM by  Birk Guttmann [Paessler Support]

Votes:

Thanks, I wasn't sure I could do this since it's the free version.

Created on Jan 20, 2021 4:47:06 PM

Votes:

Ok, I figured it out, it is something that LastPass is doing. Hope this helps someone. I'll follow up when I figure out a fix.

Created on Jan 20, 2021 4:54:17 PM

Votes:

I ended up having to delete the sire in lastpass and recreate it. I have no ide where it was pulling those auto-populate fields from but a delete and recreate solved it.

Created on Jan 22, 2021 2:28:53 PM

Votes:

Hello,

Thank you for sharing your problem as well as the solution to it, it will certainly help the community. Have a great weekend.

Regards.

Created on Jan 22, 2021 2:34:48 PM by  Florian Lesage [Paessler Support]

Votes:

Could you please be more specific , i am also facing the same issue. Do you mean that we should only reinstall the extension ?

Created on Feb 7, 2021 2:56:45 PM

Votes:

Hello Michael,

The issue seems indeed related to the extension Lastpass. Instead of reinstalling it, maybe there should be a cache you could delete to clear all fields and therefore solve the issue?

I'm afraid that our support is limited as it is not our product, however maybe there is something in the documentation/settings of the Lastpass extension?

Regards.

Created on Feb 8, 2021 9:01:17 AM by  Florian Lesage [Paessler Support]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.