What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

WMI rpc error 800706BA only when IP is used

Votes:

Hello,

one of our servers got upgraded to Win-Server 2019 (Version 1809 Build 17763.1637) after this upgrade I have trouble with WMI Sensors (especially with Memory- and Drive-monitoring).

Using the Paessler WMI Tester I found out, that the rpc error 800706BA only occurs while using the IP-Address. If I switch to the server name instead of the IP-Address it works, I checked if the PRTG resolves the Name to another IP-Address but no everything as it should ...

We have a second server running Win-Server 2019 (Version 1809 Build 17763.1637), that one works fine even when the IP is used.

Has someone any experience with stuff like that and knows why the error occurs when the IP is used?

800706ba error prtg rpc server version-1809 windows windows-server-2019 wmi

Created on Jan 19, 2021 9:21:36 AM

1 Reply

Votes:

Hi there,

In most cases issues can be resolved by either restarting the targeted machine or PRTG itself. While we can not exclude IP or host name resolution as possible cause entirely, I've seen those issue more likely related to performance issues based on the WMI connection - either by the the queried device or too many WMI based sensors per PRTG probe.

Did you already check the behavior after a restart? What version of PRTG are you running?

Best,
Sebastian

Created on Jan 26, 2021 12:46:59 PM by  Sebastian Kniege [Paessler Support]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.