What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

Remote Probe remains disconnected !!

Votes:

My remote probe has been disconnected for 2 weeks. I try to reconnect this probe almost every day. I also tried to restart the services, but again no success.

PRTG probe service: V20.4.63.1427 PRTG Administration Tool: V20.4.63.1427

thank you in advance for your time and consideration

disconnected reconnect remote-probe

Created on Jan 19, 2021 10:18:00 AM

1 Reply

Votes:

Hi Jasin,

Thanks for contacting us.

For this type of issues it would be necessary to gather additional logs/information. Please open a support ticket with us at [email protected] and send us Support Bundle including the system log files for analysis. This can be done via the "Contact Support" ribbon in the lower right corner of the web interface. From the Core Server we will need the Core.log file and from the Remote Probe we will need the Probe.log file. If you don´t know how to retrieve the logs you will need to access the PRTG Administration Tool in the Log tab to find them. Thanks in advance.

Created on Jan 20, 2021 4:48:12 PM by  Miguel Aikens [Paessler Technical Support]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.