What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

Cloud PRTG AD Integration

Votes:

We are setting up a cloud PRTG, I'm trying to use AD for authentication to give admins different level of access to the platform and was wondering if there is a way to integrate cloud PRTG with on-prem AD or Azure AD.

active-directory azuread security

Created on Jan 27, 2021 12:46:41 AM

Best Answer

Accepted Answer

Votes:

Yes, I'm afraid the PRTG Hosted Monitor server cannot be a member of your domain and therefore the AD Integration is not possible. You would need to create local accounts in this case.

To add a new user to your PRTG Hosted Monitor instance, click "Invite User". The initial account password is automatically generated, it can be changed later. Click "Send Invite" to save your settings and to send the invitation per email to the defined primary email address.

Created on Feb 1, 2021 7:43:05 AM by  Timo Dambach [Paessler Support]

Last change on Feb 10, 2021 2:39:27 PM by  Maike Guba [Paessler Support] (2,404) 2 1

3 Replies

Votes:

Hello,

Are you referring to our cloud solution PRTG Hosted Monitor? If so, I'm afraid it's not possible to integrate AD.

If you are hosting PRTG in the cloud yourself, please note that your PRTG Core Server needs to be able to reach your AD and needs to be a member of the domain that you want it to integrate into.

Created on Jan 28, 2021 12:08:21 PM by  Timo Dambach [Paessler Support]

Last change on Feb 10, 2021 2:40:24 PM by  Maike Guba [Paessler Support] (2,404) 2 1

Votes:

Yeah, I was referring to PRTG Hosted Monitor.

So in this case we will have to create local accounts to control access, right?

Created on Jan 29, 2021 9:24:10 PM

Last change on Feb 10, 2021 2:40:42 PM by  Maike Guba [Paessler Support] (2,404) 2 1

Accepted Answer

Votes:

Yes, I'm afraid the PRTG Hosted Monitor server cannot be a member of your domain and therefore the AD Integration is not possible. You would need to create local accounts in this case.

To add a new user to your PRTG Hosted Monitor instance, click "Invite User". The initial account password is automatically generated, it can be changed later. Click "Send Invite" to save your settings and to send the invitation per email to the defined primary email address.

Created on Feb 1, 2021 7:43:05 AM by  Timo Dambach [Paessler Support]

Last change on Feb 10, 2021 2:39:27 PM by  Maike Guba [Paessler Support] (2,404) 2 1

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.