What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

Possible to change Sensor status with (File Count) Threshold?

Votes:

Hi all!

I'm fairly new to PRTG and needed to implement a Sensor which checks if any files are in a folder. If the sees more than 4 Files in the folder for more than 10 Minutes, it should trigger a E-Mail Notification. I've as of now setup a Folder Monitor Sensor wich checks a folder. The Issue is that, whenever the threshold trigger activates, that its not defined to be Red Alert. So Imagine if i get an e-mail that the folder has too many files, the Status still shows "OK".

Is there anyway to change the definition when a threshold activates, so when it crosses the line, it realises that its a Fail and would send a "Red Alert"?

Thanks in Advance.

Danilo

file folder threshold

Created on Jan 27, 2021 12:19:25 PM

Best Answer

Accepted Answer

Votes:

Hello Jaeger,

To make the sensor go into Error state, you indeed have to configure the error limit in the channel settings. Then, when it goes down, the notification trigger (set to 10 minutes) will send an alert if the number of files is still equal or greater than 4 after 10 minutes.

Have a nice day.

Regards.

Created on Feb 1, 2021 8:09:22 AM by  Florian Lesage [Paessler Support]

2 Replies

Votes:

Nevermind i found it. I Have to edit the Channel itself not the sensor.

Created on Jan 29, 2021 3:50:15 PM

Accepted Answer

Votes:

Hello Jaeger,

To make the sensor go into Error state, you indeed have to configure the error limit in the channel settings. Then, when it goes down, the notification trigger (set to 10 minutes) will send an alert if the number of files is still equal or greater than 4 after 10 minutes.

Have a nice day.

Regards.

Created on Feb 1, 2021 8:09:22 AM by  Florian Lesage [Paessler Support]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.