What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

Can I create a notification only for favorite sensors?

Votes:

Hello,

is there a possibility to create an own notification trigger for the selected favorite sensors in the menu sensors - favorites? I would like to select favorites from any desired sensor within different devices. for example the most critical ones. Of course i could create a new trigger for every sensor with a defined template but it would be easier to choose the favorites and do it there for all of them so it "inherits from a favorite master"?

Maybe there is a solution or a creative way to do so.

Thanks for your support.

favorites inheritance notifications

Created on Feb 1, 2021 12:23:08 PM

1 Reply

Votes:

The easiest solution I can think of would be to add the tag "favorite" to all your favorite sensors, and then create a library based off the tag "favorite". Then you can create a notification trigger for this library. This will allow you the notification you're looking for, and you can then control the addition and removal of sensors by adding and removing the tag.

Does this sounds like a workable solution for you?

Benjamin Day
[Paessler Support]

Created on Feb 2, 2021 10:34:24 PM by  Benjamin Day [Paessler Support] (1,441) 2 1

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.