What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

Modbus RTU/ASCII over TCP/IP

Votes:

Hello!
I try connect my eastron power meter to PRTG. I use converter from MODBUS RTU to LAN. I try with software Modbuspoll and connection work fine with settings.

Connection : Modbus RTU/ASCII over TCP/IP ( I have 4 options, Modbus TCP/IP, Modbus UDP/IP, Modbus RTU/ASCII over TCP/IP and Modbus RTU/ASCII over UDP/IP ) Work only Modbus RTU/ASCII over TCP/IP Server port 4001, Mode RTU.

I try in PRTG add The Modbus TCP Custom sensor, but cannot connect. Please for help.

Thankyou!!
Regards, Damjan

eastron modbus-rtu-ascii-over-tcp-ip power-meter

Created on Feb 15, 2021 6:30:44 PM

Last change on Feb 16, 2021 7:01:29 AM by  Felix Wiesneth [Paessler Support]

2 Replies

Votes:

Hi there,

If you use the Modbus TCP Sensor, you should select the "Modbus TCP/IP" connection setting in your converter.

Kind regards,
Matthias Kupfer - Team Tech Support

Created on Feb 17, 2021 9:24:11 AM by  Matthias Kupfer [Paessler Support]

Votes:

No luck with direct connection Modbus TCP/IP powermeter to PRTG. Now i Use RPI3 ( Raspberry Pi ) with python script. Script read from power meter via modbus TCP/IP and write value into file inside RPI3.

In PRTG use HTTP content sensor and read value in txt file in RPI3... Work. It is probably a much shorter option for experienced users. I don't know

Thankyou Regards!

Created on Apr 8, 2021 9:09:21 AM

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.