What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

Script SSH Firewall stormshield

Votes:

Hello

I need to add a sensor to see if logs are activate on firewall. I can have a physical disk sensor wich indicate i/o on the partition but when there is no write on the disk, my sensor is in alarm state.

I think about a ssh script.

In fact when I connect a Firewall in ssh there is a command which is intersting.

"logdisk -s"

the result is: "state=USED device=da1"

I don't need the part "device" but I need the part "State"

State is on USED or UNUSED and I need this result: USED= 0 = OK UNUSED= 1 = WARNING

I don't know scritpting, so, if someone could help me, it will be nice :)

Thanks a lot and sorry for my english ;)

firewall ssh-advanced-custom-script ssh-script-advanced-sensor

Created on Feb 16, 2021 4:24:56 PM

1 Reply

Votes:

Hello Emilie,

Thank you for your message.

Regarding what you would like to achieve, I invite you to have a look to the script provided in the following KB article: https://kb.paessler.com/en/topic/64316-monitor-process-status-using-ssh-sensor

Maybe it could help you to write your own script to return a result based on the state.

Regards.

Created on Feb 17, 2021 11:37:11 AM by  Florian Lesage [Paessler Support]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.