What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

Dynamic Network Topology

Votes:

Hi, I am trying to gather information about useful technology that gives us a dynamic network topology map. We are users of PRTG and I know PRTG cannot deliver this but has interaction with eg Netbrain. I see there is an article "The ultimate guide to network mapping tools" but I cant seem to get the email to get a copy of this to read. What do others use ? There appears to be a number of solutions on the market eg Solarwinds NTM but I am interested which products have good interaction with PRTG.

dynamic mapping netbrain

Created on Feb 19, 2021 12:22:37 PM

2 Replies

Votes:

Hi there,

you can grab a copy of "The ultimate guide to network mapping tools" here.

We can recommend the tools from our Uptime Alliance Partners Netbrain and UVnetworks as they integrate nicely into PRTG.

Kind regards,
Matthias Kupfer - Team Tech Support

Created on Feb 23, 2021 3:19:24 PM by  Matthias Kupfer [Paessler Support]

Votes:

Many thanks for this Matthias, looking at UVExplorer it could be a good fit for our needs.

Created on Feb 23, 2021 3:42:18 PM

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.