What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

File Content Sensor - Only Warning Status at certain numbers of strings

Votes:

Hello all,

I have a question about the File Content Sensor:

Is it possible to configure this sensor so that it only goes into warning state when a certain number of strings are found in the file?

I have configured a trigger count so that the sensor should only go into warning status if a count of 15 strings are found. However, the sensor immediately goes into warning status as soon as an occurrence is detected. I think this is because of to the "Warning Behavior" setting and I haven't found a way to disable it yet.

Do you have any suggestions for this?

Thank you!

file file-monitoring prtg

Created on Feb 22, 2021 7:44:24 AM

Last change on Feb 22, 2021 8:41:35 AM by  Florian Lesage [Paessler Support]

1 Reply

Votes:

Hello,

Thank you for your message.

Regarding what you would like to achieve, I'm afraid that the File Content sensor doesn't have an option for that. Therefore, I invite you to use one of the EXE/Script sensors* instead, with a custom script.

Please, have a look to the documentation regarding custom sensors, which describes how to return data in PRTG: https://www.paessler.com/manuals/prtg/custom_sensors

If you have questions, let us know.

Regards.

Created on Feb 22, 2021 1:15:28 PM by  Florian Lesage [Paessler Support]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.