What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

System Health Temperatures alert

Votes:

After performing a PRTG upgrade over the weekend I have the following alerts on a Cisco 4500 stack:

Warning by lookup value 'Undefined lookup value (0)' in channel 'Temperature 5 State (Air outlet)' — Warning by lookup value 'Undefined lookup value (0)' in channel 'Temperature 6 State (Air inlet)' (The queries for the following channel IDs returned no data: 10,11,12,13 (code: PE269))

I also have this alert on a Cisco 2960 switch:

Warning by lookup value 'Undefined lookup value (0)' in channel 'Power Supply 1032' — Warning by lookup value 'Undefined lookup value (0)' in channel 'Power Supply 1033' (The queries for the following channel IDs returned no data: 2,3 (code: PE269))

Both devices are using the snmpciscosystemhealthsensor and the systemhealth tags.

The overall system health temps are fine with the exception of these two values so it leads me to think that something in the update affected these two variables. When I look at the details of these two temperature checks and the power supply checks the status is undefined lookup value.

cisco-switch prtg snmp

Created on Feb 22, 2021 2:30:23 PM

Last change on Feb 22, 2021 2:40:09 PM by  Felix Wiesneth [Paessler Support]

1 Reply

Votes:

Hi there,

Did you already tried to re-create the Sensor? We experience that this occurs when the index of the SNMP OIDs has changed.

Created on Feb 23, 2021 2:06:20 PM by  Moritz Heller [Paessler Support]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.