What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

PRTG Sensor dependency

Votes:

Hello,

is there the possibility to create a sensor which get to alarm state (red) if other two sensors get to alarm state (red)? I want to get a notification just if those 2 sensors get in alarm state, if just one gets to alarm state the third sensor should just get into warning (yellow).

Basically I have two IP SLA sensors but the service actually get to a down state if both IP SLAs go down.

Any suggestion how I can perform this on PRTG Version 21.1.65.1767 ?

Thanks upfront

ipsla prtg sensor

Created on Feb 24, 2021 4:33:49 PM

1 Reply

Votes:

Hi,

The option isn't available in native sensor, as you cannot setup a dependency to two other sensor.
Maybe the factory sensor or the business process sensor can help you to setup the desired configuration.

Created on Feb 26, 2021 7:43:13 AM by  Marijan Horsky [Paessler Support]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.