What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

Device template sensors not being applied to new devices linked to template

Votes:

I've created new devices linked to a device template but the sensors from the template are not being applied. I'm wondering what I've missed in setting up the device.

device sensors template

Created on Feb 26, 2021 6:23:39 PM

2 Replies

Votes:

Hello, does it happen the same way for all the devices? Or is it randomly not adding random sensors from the template? What sensors are the ones missing?

Can you confirm that the template does have those sensors added? There are some types of sensors that cannot be added to a template.

We'd need to see the auto-discovery log. It shows the sensors to be created on a device based on the selected template, it also shows any errors when creating an specific sensor on the device, the location of the file is C:\ProgramData\Paessler\PRTG Network Monitor\Logs\debug the name is CoreAutoDiscovery.log.

If you still have problems with this issue it would be better to see it on a ticket in our support team at [email protected]

Created on Mar 4, 2021 6:10:59 AM by  Jonathan Mena [Paessler Technical Support]

Votes:

Hi Jonathan, yes it happens the same for all devices. Only PING is being added for any discovered/added item.

The template does have the sensors added.

I checked that location and there is no auto-discovery log. There is only one log called currConfiguration.logcfg. Could the auto-discovery logging be turned off?

I'll open a support ticket.

Thanks for the help. Much appreciated.

Created on Mar 4, 2021 8:51:34 AM

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.