What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

SIP Options Ping Sensor

Votes:

I am trying to use the SIP Options Ping Sensor with Cisco Unified Communications Manager. Unfortunately, I cannot find documentation on the prerequisites on the CUCM side. I understand a user is required but which roles and permissions does this user require? Which server in a CUCM cluster should I connect to?
I tried to use an admin user as a test and tried connecting to the publisher but the status on the sensor is "Service Unavailable" and frankly it feels like guessing. What are the requirements? Could you please point me to relevant documentation? Thank you!

cisco cucm sip-options-ping

Created on Mar 1, 2021 2:09:59 PM

Last change on Mar 2, 2021 6:53:07 AM by  Felix Wiesneth [Paessler Support]

1 Reply

Votes:

Hello,

I'm afraid we don't have a guide/document for a specific target device like CUCM since the prerequisites on target devices might differ. Generally, you would need to enter the username and password of a SIP account which can be used to login to the SIP Server. Please also note that a SIP server might return the error '480 Service temporarily unavailable' until at least one reachable SIP client is connected to the server.

You can also go to the settings of the sensor and activate the "Store Results" option. These log files will then be created on the corresponding probe at"C:\ProgramData\Paessler\PRTG Network Monitor\Logs\sensors" which might give you more insights.

Created on Mar 2, 2021 12:20:19 PM by  Timo Dambach [Paessler Support]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.