What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

help with oid's

Votes:

Hi,

New to this..

I have an oid from a ups manufacturer and it has 4 lookups unknown(1), battery normal (2) batterylow(3)battery depleted(4)

ive added the custom sensor battery status but how do i get these lookups to appear on the graphic and how do i set it to alert me when it goes to battery low?

thanks

custom-sensor mib oid

Created on Mar 3, 2021 2:43:23 PM

2 Replies

Accepted Answer

Votes:

Hello,

Thank you for your message.

By default, in PRTG you have a lookup file which already includes the information you shared, the lookup is called prtg.standardlookups.ups-mib.upsbattery.upsbatterystatus.

To use it, go to the settings of the corresponding channel (in the sensor you created), and then make sure that the option Enable alerting based on lookups is selected to be able to choose the lookup in the list.

Regarding the sensor state, it is defined in the lookup according to the value received from your device. Here is the content of the lookup:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
  <ValueLookup id="prtg.standardlookups.ups-mib.upsbattery.upsbatterystatus" desiredValue="2" undefinedState="1">
    <Lookups>
      <SingleInt state="Ok" value="1">
        Unknown
      </SingleInt>
      <SingleInt state="Ok" value="2">
        Battery Normal
      </SingleInt>
      <SingleInt state="Warning" value="3">
        Battery Low
      </SingleInt>
      <SingleInt state="Error" value="4">
        Battery Depleted
      </SingleInt>
    </Lookups>
  </ValueLookup>

Then, to send notifications in case the sensor goes into Warning or Error state, you need to add notification triggers in the corresponding tab, like:

When sensor state is Down for at least 60 seconds, perform {your template}
When sensor state is Down for at least 300 seconds, perform {your template} and repeat every 0 minutes
When sensor state is no longer Down, perform {your template}

If you have questions, let us know.

Regards.

Created on Mar 4, 2021 8:56:06 AM by  Florian Lesage [Paessler Support]

Last change on Mar 4, 2021 8:57:18 AM by  Florian Lesage [Paessler Support]

Votes:

Tha'ts perfect thankyou!

Created on Mar 4, 2021 5:50:54 PM

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.