What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

How do I remove IP adres in signature emailed report

Votes:

hallo

One of my customers has requested a report on the weekly throughput of one of his network devices.

Our company policy dictates that any potentially sensitive data is removed from communication with our customers, this includes device names and IP addresses (both private and public)

When generating a report with PRTG and sending it through Email, PRTG puts the hostname and (private) ip address of the PRTG server in the signature of the Email.

An example:

https://i.ibb.co/6NpJS62/prtg-4.png

The line marked in yellow is the one containing the hostname and IP address of our PRTG server, I have them blacked out in this example for the same reason I'm asking this question in the first place. My question is; how can I change the signature of an Email report so that the yellowed line is no longer present?

With Regards
Jan Voorbeeld

email hostname ip-address reports signature

Created on Mar 4, 2021 2:18:23 PM

Last change on Mar 4, 2021 3:30:46 PM by  Felix Wiesneth [Paessler Support]

1 Reply

Votes:

Hello there,

For those emails and reports usually the "site name" is used. This can be changed in Setup | System Administration | User Interface. Please change the section PRTG site name and check if the changes were successful for the according mails.

Kind regards,
Birk Guttmann, Tech Support Team

Created on Mar 5, 2021 1:21:37 PM by  Birk Guttmann [Paessler Support]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.