What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

HPE G7 Hit-Or-Miss on Physical Disk Sensor

Votes:

I help manage and monitor multiple servers, including several HPE G7s. I know that G7 iLOs are right on the cusp of support for the Physical Disk sensors, but we've managed to make them work. I've got everything in place to gather the information. The G7s have the iLO drivers, Mgmt Agents, and WBEM all installed and working so that iLO 3 will send it's information into the OS.

I've also got the SNMP service installed and configured correctly on the servers.

However, what's weird is that some G7s will allow me to add the physical disk sensor and others will fail saying the "sensor could not find any disks on the monitored device". They're both configured the exact same way with the exact same information.

I'm fairly confident SNMP is working because general SNMP sensors (such as Uptime) report information, and even the specific HPE System Health sensors works correctly on the servers, but it's always hit-or-miss on whether a G7 will reports the disks or not.

Are there any steps I'm missing to get the information?

Thanks for any assistance!

g7 hpe physicaldisk prtg snmp

Created on Mar 9, 2021 7:45:36 PM

Replies

Nobody has replied yet

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.