What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

Is "Paused_by_dependency" being considered as "Down" ?

Votes:

Hi. For a given sensor I have defined the Notification Triggers as State Trigger:

• When sensor state is Down for at least 600 seconds, perform HTTP_call
  • When sensor state is Down for at least 300 seconds, perform no notification and repeat every 0 minutes
  • When sensor state is no longer Down, perform HTTP_call

What happens is: sensor is Down. It executes the API_call. Which is correct.
    Then the sensor goes into "Paused_by_dependency" state. The HTTP_call is executed => why? It should not.
    Then the status is no longer in Paused but again in Down. No HTTP_call => correct. But then the status becomes Up => no HTTP call. Any idea why?
    The way I understood PRTG works, it should NOT activate a Notif Trigger when going from Down to Paused_by_dependency and YES activate a Notif Trigger when it goes from Down to Up.

notifications sensor status

Created on Mar 13, 2021 5:36:18 AM

Last change on Mar 15, 2021 7:25:50 AM by  Felix Wiesneth [Paessler Support]

3 Replies

Votes:

Hi,

Can you please provide screenshots of the following: - Screenshot of the device configuration. - Screenshot of the device overview. - Screenshot of the sensor overview. - Screenshot of the sensor configuration. - Screenshot of the sensor notification trigger. (most important one).

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Miguel Aikens

Created on Mar 15, 2021 6:07:32 PM by  Miguel Aikens [Paessler Technical Support]

Votes:

Ok, I will, just let me know how to attach print-screens here. Or if not here where to send them. Thanks!

Created on Mar 16, 2021 3:02:36 PM

Votes:

Hi,

You can send your screenshots to [email protected] with PAE2087710 in the subject. This way we can better address the situation.

Regards,

Miguel Aikens

Created on Mar 16, 2021 10:52:37 PM by  Miguel Aikens [Paessler Technical Support]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.