What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

Expanding groups before sending redundand notifications

Votes:

Good morning,

is it possible to check if a user would get multiple emails by beeing member of multiple groups which get email notifications?

Situation:

GroupA:

-User1

-User2

GroupB:

-User2

-User3

A notification to GroupA would notify User1 and User2. A notification to GroupB would notify User2 and User3.

If I send a notification to GroupA and GroupB User1 and User3 would get notified once and User2 twice. The question is how to send only one email to User2 if he is in multiple groups getting notifications.

Regards, Lorenz

groups notifications prtg

Created on Mar 16, 2021 7:25:02 AM

1 Reply

Votes:

Hello Lorenz,

I'm afraid that there is no options to limit the notifications when user belongs to multiple groups.

To have a report on all users/groups, I invite you to use /config_report_users.htm after the PRTG server address. There you will be able to check if users belongs to multiples groups.

If you have questions, let us know.

Regards.

Created on Mar 17, 2021 1:35:28 PM by  Florian Lesage [Paessler Support]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.