What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

Logs > All empty after upgrade

Votes:

My log table is now empty when trying to display all entries. It only works now if i specify "status changes", etc...

When i get a notice that there is a new log entry on the top right corner, if i click on it it goes to the empty log page... it's quite annoying...

Happened after upgrading to the last version.

Using PRTG on chrome.

log logs prtg

Created on Mar 22, 2021 11:21:41 AM

5 Replies

Votes:

Hi there,

I tried to reproduce this issue on our test systems, but was not able to. I'd like to ask you to try to use another browser, as well as the incognito mode of your browser.

If this does not help, please forward us a Support Bundle including the PRTG system log files for analysis.This can be done via the "Contact Support" ribbon in the lower right corner of the web interface. Please enter this ticket's case number PAE208975 when submitting the Bundle.

Kind regards,
Matthias Kupfer - Team Tech Support

Created on Mar 23, 2021 9:01:06 AM by  Matthias Kupfer [Paessler Support]

Votes:

Have tried with Firefox and the behaviour is the same. PRTG and Chrome and running latest versions.

On PRTG Desktop the log behaviour seems to be normal.

Is there a way to contact support offline? The PRTG server is not connected to the internet.

Created on Mar 23, 2021 11:26:45 AM

Votes:

Yes, you can collect the Support Bundle from the PRTG Installation Path, in the folder "Support Bundle" (Default: C:\Program Files (x86)\PRTG Network Monitor\Support Bundle\). Rename the file "Bundle.zip" to "Bundle_PAE208975.zip". If the ZIP file size is below 20 MB, you can send it as email file attachment. Otherwise please upload it to our FTP server using the following credentials:

Server Name: ftps.support.paessler.com (standard port 21, only supports TLS v.1 connections)
FTP Mode: passive
Username: customer
Password: sl7aQyyJQrL50QH

Please contact us once the upload is complete. Note that files on this server are not visible, you will not be able to get a directory listing.

Kind regards,
Matthias Kupfer - Team Tech Support

Created on Mar 30, 2021 11:37:00 AM by  Matthias Kupfer [Paessler Support]

Votes:

Well... The problem seems to be solved. I don't know what happened. It suddenly started to work again. Apparently without intevention. Very strange but it's ok now...

thank you

Created on Apr 1, 2021 1:24:11 PM

Votes:

I have the same issue. Just after upgrading to the latest update of july. The full log is does not display. The detailed/filtered logs work fine.

Created on Aug 4, 2021 9:17:27 AM

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.