What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

Export PRTG devices to CSV file

Votes:

Hi all,

I'm new to using PRTG. I'd like to know if there is any way to export the devices from PRTG.

The list i'm trying to get is like so: Probe, Group, Sub-Group (if there is any), Device.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

csv csvexport prtg snmp

Created on Mar 23, 2021 12:19:36 PM

1 Reply

Votes:

Hello Mohamed,

Thank you for your message.

To export a list of the devices configured, you can use the following API call:

https://PRTGSERVER/api/table.csv?content=devices&columns=objid,name,host,group,probe,parentid&count=*&username=PRTGUSER&passhash=PASSHASH

Please, replace the information according to your configuration. You will find your passhash in Setup > Account Settings > My Account ("/myaccount.htm?tabid=1") by clicking on the corresponding button.

You can also generate a list with the XML format by using table.csv in the request above.

Here are the other information you can get as well:

favorite,condition,upsens,downsens,downacksens,partialdownsens,warnsens,pausedsens,unusualsens,undefinedsens,totalsens,schedule,basetype,baselink,notifiesx,intervalx,access,dependency,position,status,comments,priority,message,tags,type,active

Finally, I just want to notice that it's not possible to get the entire hierarchy of the device. The information returned by Group is only the name of the parent group, parent_id also return the id of the parent group (not above).

Regards.

Created on Mar 23, 2021 12:40:54 PM by  Florian Lesage [Paessler Support]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.