What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

Problems with Eventlog monitoring

Votes:

Hi, I have configured a sensor to monitor a specific occurance of an eventlog event under "System". I have specified the correct Event Type, Source and ID in the setting tab of the sensor. When the event occurs, it only shows in the Log but does not reflect an increment in the dashboard.

Is there a way to configure prtg such that I could see the graph on the frequency of the event occurance. Please advise. Thanks.

prtg sensor wmi

Created on Sep 16, 2010 9:46:08 AM

5 Replies

Votes:

Are you using PRTG 7? Or the Beta of PRTG 8?

If 7: we cannot reproduce this. From our point of view, the filtering is working properly and the number of new entries (according to the filter criteria) is being showin the "New Records" channel.

Created on Sep 21, 2010 2:01:09 PM by  Patrick Hutter [Paessler Support] (7,225) 3 3

Votes:

Hi support team, i can see the same behaviour in my installation under version 8.3.1.2088. The event changes are listed in the log but no information/value change hapens on the dashboard. I set the sensor params on Fehler (Errors) with no filtering, because i want all erros monitored. Thnaks for further help...

Created on Mar 24, 2011 11:36:52 AM

Votes:

Can you show us a screenshot how exactly you setup the sensor?

Created on Mar 24, 2011 1:23:28 PM by  Torsten Lindner [Paessler Support]

Votes:

Sure - but how or where should i send it to?

Created on Mar 25, 2011 8:55:15 AM

Votes:

You could either post it here, or send it to [email protected]

Created on Mar 25, 2011 10:43:40 AM by  Torsten Lindner [Paessler Support]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.