What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

Integration with Zammad

Votes:

We use PRTG for our monitoring and Zammad as our Helpdesk. I wanted to see about integrating the two to create tickets in Zammad when there is a down alert in PRTG.

What I need to figure out: In PRTG I typically get alerts when a sensor goes down, then I get additional alerts until it is either paused or brought back up. I need to send ONE email to the Helpdesk account to notify that the service went down and ONE email when the service comes up (this would close the ticket automatically). I haven't quite figured out how to do this.

helpdesk integration zammad

Created on Apr 1, 2021 5:45:02 PM

Last change on Apr 2, 2021 5:40:43 AM by  Florian Lesage [Paessler Support]

1 Reply

Votes:

Hello,

Thank you for your message.

Regarding the integration of your ticketing system, the notification template is indeed the solution, as mentioned in Reddit. You have to use the Send Email action to send an email with the information you desire, by using the placeholders available for notifications: https://www.paessler.com/manuals/prtg/list_of_placeholders_for_notifications

However, for the second part (closing the ticket automatically), I'm afraid that it is not possible to do so as PRTG is not aware of the ticket created on Zammad side (doesn't get any information such as ID). Therefore, API call or second email will probably not work in this case.

If you have questions, let us know.

Regards.

Created on Apr 2, 2021 5:52:38 AM by  Florian Lesage [Paessler Support]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.