What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

Assign ownership to a device

Votes:

When I am browsing sensors or devices in a list, there are fields that I don't need, like location or favorite... but there is a field that would be VERY useful to me... ownership. (a quick way to know who is responsible when the device goes down). Tags and comments seem to only show if you specifically search by them... is there a way to edit the tables so this data would show all the time, by default? Thanks!

custom-table device ownership

Created on Apr 7, 2021 12:32:41 PM

1 Reply

Votes:

Hello,

Thank you for your post.

You can build your own view by using the following API call:

/devices.htm?columns=probe,device,comments,tags

You can add and remove columns from the page, by changing the API call. Please see the list of Supported Parameters, to know what columns you can add. Please note that not all parameters work with devices.

Kind regards,
Sasa Ignjatovic, Tech Support Team

Created on Apr 9, 2021 9:54:01 AM by  Sasa Ignjatovic [Paessler Support]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.