What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

port sesor

Votes:

I have a qustion about my network..I recently bought my new wi fi 5ghz supportive adapter and installed it on my pc desktop replaced it with my old one 2.4ghz i had for years since i had better option from my ISP to get a better ,faster, internet (5g).I played a few games of dota 2 and everything was fine,in a few days i got huge packet loss and high ping (my games started to freeze every min.or so for a few seconds).After i disconect my new adapter and conncect the old one everything seems to be working fine. After installing PRTG software and checking the network i found out that the possible couse of this problem is SSL certifcate ports (after i switch networks no errors). I get this error message:

SSL Certificate Sensor (Port 465)
Failed to establish secure connection [Step 0] Socket Error # 10054 Connection reset by peer. [Step 1] Socket Error # 10054 Connection reset by peer. [Step 2] Socket Error # 10054 Connection reset by peer. [Step 3] Socket Error # 10054 Connection reset by peer. [Step 4] Socket Error # 10054 Connection reset by peer. [Step 5] Socket Error # 10054 Connection reset by peer.

Same go's for the 993 port and 995 port

Please help!

port ssl ssl-certificate

Created on Apr 13, 2021 4:43:37 PM

Last change on Apr 14, 2021 5:40:33 AM by  Felix Wiesneth [Paessler Support]

1 Reply

Votes:

Hello,

the packet loss and high ping are likely not related to the inability to monitor an SSL certificate.

Can you open the target in a browser in order to review the certificate (if there is a certificate installed)?

Created on Apr 15, 2021 5:01:14 PM by  Arne Seifert [Paessler Support]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.