What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

What ways to monitor Lenovo Storage V3700 V2?

Votes:

We have a Lenovo Storage V3700 V2, and I have downloaded the MIB file from the Notification page of the SAN, and importet it to PRTG.

When i try to add the SNMP Library, and select the .oidlib I have importet I just receive the following error:

No response (check: firewalls, routing, snmp settings of device, IPs, SNMP version, community, passwords etc) (SNMP error # -2003)

I have of cause setup the server ip, port and community on the SAN notification page.

The only thin i manage to get working, was the SNMP Trap Receiver. There I receive two messages every night. Some kind of information messages.

But what if a disk is failing, will it turn red?

It seems a bit odd that there are no ways of monitoring SAN systems from Lenovo/IBM...

prtg san snmp

Created on Apr 16, 2021 6:45:59 AM

Last change on Apr 19, 2021 6:22:52 AM by  Felix Wiesneth [Paessler Support]

1 Reply

Votes:

Hello, the monitoring capabilities are based on what the manufacturer coded into their product. As they are the ones that specify what features can be reported through SNMP to monitoring tools like PRTG.

That error code is very generic, and it means that there is no connection between PRTG and the SNMP service on that device. It could be a network issue but if your Ping sensor works fine, it can be an issue with SNMP specifically. You can follow this SNMP Troubleshooting guide, to use the SNMP tester and check the connection. If it is still not connecting we recommend sending screenshots, the output of the SNMP tester, the MIB file and all the information you have on a ticket to [email protected] so we can take a look.

Created on Apr 21, 2021 10:18:04 PM by  Jonathan Mena [Paessler Technical Support]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.