What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

On-Prem Zoom device monitoring

Votes:

How can we monitor 'On-Prem Zoom device' though aware of out of the box (global) Zoom sensor. But we need to monitor on-prem device status as well.

Any suggestions?

on-prem-zoom on-prem-zoom-devices zoom-devices

Created on Apr 19, 2021 2:45:36 PM

3 Replies

Votes:

Hello,

Thank you for your message.

According to the documentation of Zoom regarding the meeting connector which can be installed on-premise, it relies on certain services from Zoom public cloud: https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/201363113-Meeting-connector-core-concepts

I would recommend to check if Zoom VM provides any MIB file you could import in PRTG to monitor certain information via SNMP. Also check if the VM has an API that you could use to get information on the status of the services. Depending on the virtual machine, there is as well one or two processes (Zone Controller and/or Multimedia Router) that you could monitor as well with the Windows Process Sensor

Regards.

Created on Apr 20, 2021 6:52:11 AM by  Florian Lesage [Paessler Support]

Votes:

We're not having any zoom VM, all on-prem devices are physical hardware installed with iOS. Let me know is there any other way to monitor on-prem zoom hardware ?

Created on Apr 20, 2021 2:31:44 PM

Votes:

Thank you for your feedback.

Can you please provide more information regarding the on-prem Zoom hardware.

Are you talking about the mobile application of Zoom available on the App Store (for Apple devices running IOS)? If so, I'm afraid that there is no way to monitor them.

If you are referring to devices provided by Zoom (Zoom Rooms for example), then I can only invite you to refer to their documentation in order to check if they are compatible with SNMP or provides any API that could be used to monitor them.

Regards.

Created on Apr 21, 2021 12:52:30 PM by  Florian Lesage [Paessler Support]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.