What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

Updating PRTG Core and Remote Probe

Votes:

Hello,

We have one PRTG core physical server and about 5 Remote Probe Virtual Server, I'll be updating the core to the latest version and it should push the updates to remote probe servers, my questions is:

Do I have to pause or put in maintenance mode any server (core or remote probe) from PRTG prior to performing the update? Don't want to be flooded with alerts as well.

Thanks,

SpaceT

prtg remote-probe software-update

Created on Apr 23, 2021 1:18:38 PM

3 Replies

Votes:

Hello,

Thank you for your message.

When doing a PRTG update, you should not receive any notification alerts. The connections with the probes will be shutdown accordingly and they will continue to monitor their devices as usual.

Then, the Core server comes back and all remote probes are updated gradually before they can reconnect. When they do connect back, you should get all your sensors coming in UP state again.

If you have questions, let us know.

Regards.

Created on Apr 26, 2021 12:36:03 PM by  Florian Lesage [Paessler Support]

Votes:

Thanks I did the upgrade and that's exactly what happened.

Created on Apr 26, 2021 1:02:43 PM

Votes:

Thank you for your feedback. If you have further questions, let us know.

I wish you a nice day.

Regards.

Created on Apr 26, 2021 1:08:32 PM by  Florian Lesage [Paessler Support]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.