What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

Custom EXE/script sensor

Votes:

Hello,

I have a Custom EXE/script sensor which should check zen.spamhaus.org if my ip has been blocked but I get alert emails where the IP is always 127.0.0.2 which is not the same IP which I put in the parameters.

Is my Sensor not configurated rightly does it not work ?

custom-script-exe custom-sensor prtg

Created on Apr 27, 2021 6:02:45 AM

1 Reply

Votes:

Hello Richard,

Thank you for your message.

Regarding the response you get, it seems to be one of the return codes from Spamhaus. Therefore, I invite you to have a look to their FAQ: https://www.spamhaus.org/faq/section/DNSBL%20Usage#200

You will find more information about how to check an IP address in the section Can the Spamhaus DNSBL be used on a web server or other applications? of the FAQ.

Regards.

Created on Apr 27, 2021 6:48:13 AM by  Florian Lesage [Paessler Support]

Last change on Apr 27, 2021 6:49:33 AM by  Florian Lesage [Paessler Support]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.