What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

Dependency of two performance counters

Votes:

Hi!

We configured two custom performance counters for a dedicated software to monitore on the one hand the amount of licensed users and on the other hand the amount of logged in users (the license model is concurrent).

So it is possible to configure a dependency with a specific threshold? For example i have licensed 11 users and when a difference of 2 is reached (9 logged in users) i want to get the Sensor is set to error status

custom dependency performance-counters

Created on Apr 29, 2021 8:27:45 AM

1 Reply

Votes:

Hello,

Thank you for your message.

Regarding what you would like to achieve, I would recommend to use the Sensor Factory sensor to calculate the difference between the two channel values reported by their corresponding sensor.

Here is the manual of the sensor: https://www.paessler.com/manuals/prtg/sensor_factory_sensor

The formula should then looks like the following:

#1:License left
( channel(Sensor1_ID,ChannelID) - channel(Sensor2_ID,ChannelID) )

You can then configure limits in the channel settings and trigger notification template.

If you have questions, let us know.

Regards.

Created on Apr 30, 2021 1:49:40 PM by  Florian Lesage [Paessler Support]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.