What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

PRTG Administration Tool

Votes:

Hello,

We noticed that in Start menu on our Windows server the "PRTG Administration Tool" icon is missing. It seems that our AV tool has deleted the .exe file, so now we can't get/start PRTG Administration Tool.

Is there any way to just reinstall PRTG Administration Tool, or we have to do the complete re/installation again? We would like to keep all historic data.

Thank you.

Brdgs,

Dag

administration-tool missing prtg-administration-tool tool

Created on Apr 30, 2021 1:39:51 PM

3 Replies

Votes:

Hello,

Thank you for your message.

Regarding the issue you experienced, I recommend to configure the installation folder of PRTG ("C:\Program Files (x86)\PRTG Network Monitor\") in the whitelist of you anti-virus. Usually, anti-virus move the suspicious file in quarantine, and therefore allows you to get the file back.

If it's not the case, then I invite you to execute the installer of your version to reinstall PRTG Administrator. You will find the installer under "C:\Program Files (x86)\PRTG Network Monitor\PRTG Installer Archive". Before executing it, please stop both PRTG services under PRTG Administration Tool > Service Start/Stop to avoid any issue.

The Data folder won't be modified/removed by the installer, it will only replaces all PRTG files (and add PRTG Administrator.exe) in the installation folder.

If you have questions, let us know.

Regards.

Created on Apr 30, 2021 2:17:34 PM by  Florian Lesage [Paessler Support]

Votes:

Hello,

Thank you for the instructions. We made an ad-hoc backup, just in case. Then followed the above procedure, insert license data, all sensors and historical data retained. Everything working normally.

Thanks.

Brgds

Created on May 3, 2021 9:11:27 AM

Votes:

Thank you very much for your feedback. I'm glad to hear that all went fine.

I wish you a nice day.

Created on May 3, 2021 9:50:54 AM by  Florian Lesage [Paessler Support]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.