What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

New Map Object not showing "Paused" status

Votes:

Hello all,

I did create an new map object by copying the file "An Icon A9.hml" to "An Icon A9_noPaused.htm". I did edit the file as follows:

Changed the 1st line from:

<!--Status Icons: Name and status (sizeable, status-related background)--> to: <!--Status Icons: Name and status (sizeable, status-related background) No Paused-->

Deleted the following line:

<#objectstatus name="pausedsens" id="<@objectid>">

This new sensor should show up in the map designer within the section "status icons" or "Zustandssymbole" (german language environment). However, I can not find my new map object there.

What else do I need to do in order to be able to use this new map object?

I am also wondering where I can define a german name for my new map object. Exisiting map objects are displayed with german names in the map designer. But this german names seem not to be defined anywhere in the map object htm files.

Maybe i will only be able to see the new object once I somehow map it's original name from the htm file to a corresponding name in my local language?

I did refresh my browser cache and also closed my browser completely with no succes. As far as I know, it is not neccessary to restart any PRTG services on the PRTG Core Server to make the now object available.

So what did I miss here?

Thank's for your support!

Bernd

local-language map-object prtg-map

Created on Apr 30, 2021 2:19:59 PM

Last change on Apr 30, 2021 2:33:46 PM by  Felix Wiesneth [Paessler Support]

3 Replies

Votes:

Update:
I finally found my new map object. Seems like one has to be a bit patient. My new map object lies within a new section named "status icons" (english language). So it is not sorted into the local language section but in a formerly not present section named exactly als stated in the line <!-- ..... -->. So far so good. Local language would be nice and I think I can achieve this by editing the <!-- ..... --> line and write the section and object name in local language instead of english language.

But there is something else. Having edited my copy of the .htm file, my new map object indeed does not show paused sensors. I did use the object with the status-related background color, because I really want to have an icon representing the overall status with the corresponding color. Now, if the Device has one or more paused sensor(s), the number of paused sensors is not shown, just like I want it to be. However, the background color of the map object will then still be blue. I want the background color to stay green. If a sensor has a state of error oder warning, the background color of the map object should change to red or yellow. But I don't want to change it to blue if a sensor has a state of paused.

As a matter of fact, I would not mind if the number of sensors with a paused state would be shown - as long as the background color of the map object would not change to blue.

I would be very happy if there is a way to achieve this. Again, thank you!

Bernd

Created on Apr 30, 2021 7:47:04 PM

Last change on May 3, 2021 6:10:08 AM by  Felix Wiesneth [Paessler Support]

Votes:

Hello, I'm not sure what kind of icon is this, I think it would be better if you could send us some more information an screenshots on a ticket so we can take a better look, you can contact support at [email protected]

Created on May 5, 2021 11:08:04 PM by  Jonathan Mena [Paessler Technical Support]

Votes:

@Bernd, did you solve it?

Created on May 9, 2022 3:05:45 AM

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.