What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

Cisco ios 15 Syslog msgs

Votes:

I have PRTG manager in my company. On every cisco device with ios 12 when i add syslog sensor everything is ok. On cisco devices with ios 15 when I add sensor for syslog said ok but i dont have any msgs record on the prtg. Any thoughts?

cisco-3750 ios syslog-sensor

Created on May 10, 2021 9:04:29 AM

2 Replies

Votes:

Update. It only works fine with 12.2 ios. 12.1, 12.4 and 15 ios syslog messages dont work.

Created on May 11, 2021 5:10:52 AM

Votes:

Hello Dim,

Thank you for your message.

Regarding the messages not showing up in the Syslog sensor from the versions you mentioned, I have you to generate the Probe Debug logs via Setup > System Administration > Administrative Tools > Administrative Tools For Probes (/systemsetup.htm?tabid=7), by clicking on the button under Write Probe State Files.

Then, after 5 minutes please send a support bundle to Paessler Support via Setup > Contact Support so we can receive the log files and check if PRTG receives syslog message properly. Make sure to provide us the address of the corresponding device(s) and the ID of the syslog sensors so we can focus our investigation on them.

In case the Syslog sensor is configured on a remote probe, create an archive of the Logs folder (by default located under "C:\ProgramData\Paessler\PRTG Network Monitor") and send it to us by replying to the email we will send you.

Regards.

Created on May 12, 2021 7:10:21 AM by  Florian Lesage [Paessler Support]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.