What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

changing colors of map objects

Votes:

Trying to figure out where I can define/replace some colors.

For the traffic light it was pretty easy as the color was defined in hex right in the map object file.

I'm now trying to do status donut with dark text. It has an include to ../includes/donut.htm

The colors for the donut segments are defined like:

<#colorcode color="statuswarning">:<#objectstatus name="warnsens" id="@objid" varexpand="id" show="textraw" valueifempty="0">

If I edit the "statuswarning" part to a hexcode it turns fuschia, I assume as a default because my change broke something.

So it looks like I need to find where these colors are defined and add my own, or maybe there is another way to edit the donut.htm file only (saved as mydonut.htm).

I've grepped through a lot of the files that I think would include the definitions but haven't come up with anything.

thanks,

color-state custom-map-object map-objects maps

Created on May 11, 2021 2:42:24 PM

Last change on May 12, 2021 6:02:09 AM by  Felix Wiesneth [Paessler Support]

3 Replies

Votes:

Hey,

Pleas note that we don't offer support the customizing of PRTG. If you need further information please check here.

Kind regards,
Marijan Horsky, Team Tech Support

Created on May 14, 2021 8:12:19 AM by  Marijan Horsky [Paessler Support]

Votes:

"While we will decline most requests for help with customization, we will continue to assist in cases where persons with disabilities (for example, a color vision deficiency) need help with making PRTG more accessible."

I need to know where the color codes are kept so I can add my own, or how I can add a color explicitly in place of the color code call within the donut.htm file (while saving it as a different file so that upgrades don't overwrite it.)

thanks,

Created on May 14, 2021 1:43:49 PM

Votes:

Hey,

Maybe you can find all needed information here. Also we cannot promise that the changes were available after an update of your instance.

Kind regards,
Marijan Horsky, Team Tech Support

Created on May 17, 2021 11:54:27 AM by  Marijan Horsky [Paessler Support]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.