What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

Microsoft 365 Status sensor

Votes:

Hello,

I'm trying to setup the "Microsoft 365 Advanced Status" sensor on my PRTG setup, but I got this error message :

The sensor could not connect to the server. Connection failed: ChilkatLog: Connect_Socket: ChilkatVersion: 9.5.0.84 Component successfully unlocked using purchased unlock code. clsSocketConnect: hostname: login.microsoftonline.com port: 443 tls: True maxWaitMs: 5000 socket2Connect: connect2: connectImplicitSsl: connectSocket: connect_ipv6_or_ipv4: timeout waiting for connect to complete; timeoutMs: 5000 failedWaitToConnect: Socket operation timeout. --connect_ipv6_or_ipv4 --connectSocket --connectImplicitSsl ConnectFailReason: Timeout A few possible causes for a connection timeout are: - The remote host is not reachable (perhaps a firewall is blocking the connection on the remote end). - Your ISP is blocking the outbound connection (this is common for SMTP port 25). - If your timeout is too short

My PRTG probe is behind a proxy server

I already tried to specify the proxy globally for winhttp, but it's not working. The proxy is also specified for the PRTG global installation

How can I unlock the situation please ?

Thank you :)

microsoft-365 microsoft-365-service prtg

Created on May 12, 2021 2:37:55 PM

Last change on May 12, 2021 6:34:59 PM by  Felix Wiesneth [Paessler Support]

1 Reply

Votes:

Hi Alexandre,

Unfortunately, the sensor cannot be operated via the proxy. The reason for this is that the proxy is only used for our HTTP sensors.

Therefore, I am sorry to inform you that you cannot use the sensor via a proxy.

Kind regards

Felix Wiesneth - Team Tech Support

Created on May 18, 2021 3:51:55 PM by  Felix Wiesneth [Paessler Support]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.