What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

Windows WMI free disk space monitored only for free bytes

Votes:

Hi, I've a lot of server to monitor with different partition name and size. All I want is:

- Warning under 5 GB free space in partition
- Error under 2 GB
- I don't want to manually modify one by one every sensor/channel!

Is there an easy way? Thanks

disk-free server windows wmi

Created on May 13, 2021 10:37:03 PM

Last change on May 14, 2021 6:14:00 AM by  Felix Wiesneth [Paessler Support]

1 Reply

Accepted Answer

Votes:

Hello Paulo,

Thank you for your message.

Regarding the WMI Free Disk Space you would like to monitor, you can use the Multi-Edit feature under Sensors > By Type > W.. > WMI Free Disk Space (Multi Disk).

Select all the sensors there and then open the Settings menu. There, under the Settings tab you can configure the sensors limits only to those configured in the channels by enabling Percentage Limit Check and choosing the option Only use the limits in the settings of the percentage channels . This will disable the limits configured in the sensor settings for the percentage channels.

Then, go to the Channel Settings tab and apply the limits to the channel "Free Bytes". Please, note that the multi-edit feature is only able to modify sensors with similar channels. Therefore, if you have sensors with more than one disk, you will only be able to modify the drive C:.

In this case, I recommend to use the API of PRTG to modify the limits of each channel Free Bytes of the sensors. Here is the corresponding manual: https://www.paessler.com/manuals/prtg/object_manipulation

You can also use the PowerShell module PRTGAPI whose documentation is available here: https://github.com/lordmilko/PrtgAPI/wiki

If you have questions, let us know.

Regards.

Created on May 14, 2021 7:19:45 AM by  Florian Lesage [Paessler Support]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.